For most homeowners in Los Altos CA, the hardest part of a home renovation project isn’t the work, but instead it is finding a reliable and competent Los Altos Contractor to do the job. Knocking down walls, picking out finishes or installing flooring is much simpler then finding a qualified contractor who will perform the tasks you need at the quality you need it.
Even with a good Los Altos Contractor, renovation can be expensive, stressful and full of unexpected surprises, so choosing the right contractor can be the difference between a disaster and a successful home renovation.
Following are steps you can take to find the right Los Altos Contractor for you while maintaining your budget and your sanity.
1. Figure out what you want before you get estimates – Look online for ideas you like and want for your home. You will get a more accurate estimate if you can be as specific as possible about what you want done and what type of materials you like and prefer.
2. Ask for references – Ask friends and relatives for recommendations of contractors. You can also find houses in your neighborhood that you like and ask the homeowners for the information of the company or contractor who built their home.
3. Interview at least three contractors – Get to know a few contractors before hiring your final choice. You will be spending a lot of time with your Los Altos Contractor, so its important that you like and respect the person you choose. Ask questions and don’t be afraid to negotiate.
4. Expect the good contractors to be busy – The best home contractors are the busy ones. Make sure and plan ahead of time if you have a specific timeline for your home renovation project.
5. Choose the right general contractor for your project – Just because someone did a good job installing cabinets at your friends home doesn’t mean they are the right contractor for your home remodel. Find a general contractor that does a good job on the type of project you are working on.
6. Don’t pay more than 30% of the job total before starting the job – Be careful with putting out too much money ahead of time. You should expect a payment schedule from your Los Altos Contractor when you start the project.
If you are looking for a contractor in Los Altos CA, contact the best general contractor in the area, Art Luxury Home Builders at 650/554-9982.